Friday, April 22, 2011

Get Inspired || Featuring Jason of Redemption Shirts

There are so many people and things around the world that inspire me. As I found out the other day, when talking over coffee with a fellow photographer, we don't all follow or even know of the same people who are truly inspirational! SO... in light of that, I am starting a "Get Inspired" blog that will happen every Friday. It's a great way to start off your weekend and maybe get some inspiration to do something different during the weekend!

For the very first Get Inspired blog, I would like to introduce you to Jason. The beauty, brains and bronze behind Redemption Shirts. Currently based out of Chattanooga, TN, Redemption's heart is to give back to not only the local community, but also internationally.

Jason, Thank you so much for your heart and willingness to help inspire others through this blog! It's been great working with you!

This is Jason.
                          
This is Redemption Shirts.
(Click logo to visit their website)


What are 3 things we should know about you?

(1) My heart is to empower and enable other people and organizations to give of their self and resources for the betterment of those people and communities in need; whether it be through community service, day-to-day relationships, or conceptually and developmentally building organizations and projects for meaningful purposes.
(2) I love my family, friends, and Lord - Jesus Christ. Their grace along this journey in life gives me peace, hope and fullness of joy. Their guidance and discipline continue to humble me and give me the strength I need to face all the difficulties that stand in the way of me submitting to and fulfilling my dreams and calling.
(3) I am an extremely strong-willed person. I am very passionate about life, excellence, Christian beliefs, and living what I believe. I am also somewhat bald!

Define your style in 5 words.

(a) Personal Style: Relaxed. Independent. Hopeful. Youthful. Trendy.
(b) Style of Redemption Shirts: Quality. Competitive. Progressive. Comfortable. Stylish.

What inspired you to create Redemption?

It was a result of living in a college culture where people and organizations needed t-shirts printed and most people were unhappy with the product and price from the local screen printers. So, my response was, “Why don’t we start a screen printing company?” Through trial and error over the course of a few years, a bunch of cash spent, and a couple hundred clients later we came to see this business as a great opportunity for profit and purpose.

Divulge one of your dreams for your business.

I dream of connecting a network of passionate people and organizations all seeking restorative works in the world. I desire to use the “Redemption Brand” and my business connections, knowledge, and spiritual insight to empower, enable, and disciple (counsel/consult) others in this process of impacting people, nations, and tribes for the common good and to/for the Name and Glory of Jesus Christ.

What do you love most about being in this business?

I love three things equally…haha. (1) The independence I have in this business to pursue my own dreams, at my own pace, when and how I want to pursue them.  The challenge and growth that comes from that independence is a great reward as well. (2) The people I come across from all these organizations, big and small, truly inspire, teach and humble me. (3) The dream and hope of building something that is impacting organizations and people’s lives for good.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

I see myself with an office in Chattanooga, Atlanta, and Nashville for the couple companies I will hopefully have fully running by then. I would like a few employees to be at each location developing the custom screen printing side of Redemption Shirts as well as the “Redemption Brand” that I am in the process of developing to the public. Redemption Shirts should be partnered with a few organizations meeting the needs of thousands of hurting people around the world by then. There is also a collaborative artistic monthly project and organization I am wanting to have up and running within 5 years. I would also like to be doing some entrepreneurial and missional non-profit start-up consulting by then.

If you could meet anyone in the world, who would it be & why?

I would have to say, John Piper. His books and sermons have deeply brought to my heart and life the revelation of the Gospel of the person of Jesus Christ.  

What advice do you have for new creative artists?

Find as many magazines, websites, and artists that inspire and challenge your creative mind and abilities. Build a very deep foundation. Very few people make good money or build a profitable business off being average. Find a niche, hone your specific skill, and seek to be an expert in your field. Study the different forms of art and what you find makes you come alive, and learn from others smarter than yourself…. every single day!

No comments:

Post a Comment